Alterations and Repairs Specialist (Part - Time)
7TILL8 takes pride in offering their customers a world class warranty policy. If any of our custom-tailored wetsuits can be repaired or altered, we will do it free of charge for our customers.
Since alterations and repairs are a big part in extending the life of a wetsuit, a proper repair and/or alteration needs to meet the quality of a factory finished product for customer satisfaction.
The Alterations and Repairs Specialist will be responsible for fully altering and/or repairing the wetsuit from from start to finish.
What the Job Entails
The Alterations and Repairs Specialist is a highly skilled position that requires close attention to detail and the knowledge and experience of using a wide range of sewing machines and garment construction.
It is not necessary for the candidate to have skills in wetsuit alterations and/or repairs as an extensive one month training program will allow the candidate to learn the process. For candidates that do not have experience working with wetsuits, the training program will serve as a probationary period to learn the skills and requirements to be a successful candidate.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Skilled in multitude of sewing machines (Blindstitch, Straight Stitch, Bar-tack machines - 5 years minimum experience).
- Demonstrates basic level experience of fabric cutting experience basic level (1 year)
- Basic pattern knowledge of draping and seam construction awareness
- Basic computer skills - communicating through project management system
- Please provide work experience and explanation of knowledge in alterations and or sewing machine experience.
Hours and Compensation:
This is a varied part time employment opportunity. Wetsuits are seasonal and work can vary throughout the year.
Scheduling will always be provided week prior and hourly wages will vary depending on level of experience.
Please email email@example.com with a resume and brief description of what you are a good fit for this position.